“Incarnation Catholic School exists to provide an education of excellence while fostering the mission of Jesus Christ to grow in faith, knowledge and love of God.”
Incarnation Catholic School offers Pre-kindergarten (including VPK) through Grade 8 in a Christ-centered environment forming a community of families, students, and staff. Dedicated to academic excellence, we are proud of our attention to individual student’s learning styles and we take steps to help every student achieve their highest potential. With core subjects plus, art, music, technology, world language, and physical education, students interact with degreed and Florida certified teachers who are committed to the students in their classes.
GOALS OF THE EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM
- To continue to integrate the Catholic Christian philosophy into all aspects of school life and to provide opportunities to strengthen faith community.
- To help students develop a positive self-concept, an attitude of respect toward all others and a love for learning.
- To strengthen the service component for all students to help them practice their Faith on a practical level.
- To equip students with the skills necessary to function effectively as productive adults in a society in which solving problems, working cooperatively and accessing, communicating and using information is of primary importance.
- To develop a sense of responsibility for our school/parish facilities, our neighborhoods and our world.
- To strive to meet the needs of individual students through professional development of our faculty and staff.
HISTORY OF INCARNATION CATHOLIC SCHOOL
Incarnation Catholic School opened in 1961 at a temporary site and moved into the current building in 1962. In 1964, four Sisters of St. Francis from the Chicago Province arrived at the school and lay teachers were added to the staff as needed. In 1989 two Sisters of Notre Dame became part-time faculty with two Sisters of Mercy joining the staff in 2001. Today the school has all lay teachers. ActivBoards were installed in every classroom in 2007 and a security system with 16 cameras was installed to monitor the campus 24/7. In 2008, Incarnation Catholic School was recognized as a Blue Ribbon School by the United States Department of Education.
Mrs. Amy Yager became principal in 2021. Father Eric Scanlan is the Pastor of the Church of Incarnation. and Incarnation Catholic School.
Incarnation Catholic School continues the tradition of excellence in Catholic education that the early religious, lay teachers, and pastors embraced.